Sunday 25 March 2012

D.I.Y: Glitter Peter Pan Collar

(this is my first D.I.Y , be a little kind =P)
These cute peter pan collars are everywhere and I'm sure that they are here to stay! they combine innocence and glam perfectly!
Here is a very easy version of the peter pan collar with an extra dose of glitter for under 2 dollar ( 100 INR).
So ,what are you waiting for?
GO ahead and DO IT YOURSELF!

what you need:

-Fusing
-Any thick fabric(i used suede)
-Glitter
-Fabric Glue
-Ribbon/Chain

HOW TO: 

- Iron the fusing on the wrong side of the fabric.Make sure it sticks properly.
-Cut out a pattern of your desired collar on paper. One pattern would do for both the sides.
-Trace the pattern on the fabric and cut out the patterns.
-Stick the two sides together from the middle with fabric glue. A drop or two will do. Let it dry
-(now comes the messy part ) Apply fabric glue uniformly to any side of the fabric ( i applied it on the fusing, so that I could use my collar from  both the sides) WITH the help of a brush.
-Put the glitter evenly and let it dry.
-After it dries , Make holes on the edge of the collar sides and attach your chain or ribbon.
-Tralalaalala, Your amazing statement neckpiece is ready!
 the pattern
 fusing attached on the fabric
 the sides
 it should be joined from the middle



 ( all pictures are mine , unless stated otherwise)
you can wear it in so many ways! just let the creative juices flow in you and experiment!

send me a picture of what you made too , I would love to feature it in my blog!
if you want me to D.I.Y anything for you , leave a comment or email or tweet me!
AndAndAnd, I hope you liked it.
MANY MORE PROJECTS ,STYLE FILES , SKETCHES  etc etc. COMING UP!
much love,
Abhilasha :*


7 comments:

  1. its a great idea!! peter pan collars pep up any outfit... Nice blog

    http://styledestino.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. StyleDestino: Thankyou so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great DYI dear, I am definitely going to try it out, thanks for sharing!

    Love,
    -Giuliana
    http://www.suededreamsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful creative fashion cutting edge .I am got it use this ideas in handmade fashion jewellery.I am appreciated of you.Thank you for share this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PMS ERP is an easy-to-use Accounting Billing Software in Patna for small business owners. This powerful online accounting software helps you manage your finances, save you time and money. Small business owners can create invoices and quotes, manage bills and expenses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LHMS best hospital management software provides the tools that you need to ensure patient safety. Easily view patient information, place orders, complete documentation, communicate decisions and reduce medical errors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PMS ERP Best Accounting Software For Small Business in Patna helps you simplify administration, publish content, manage inquiries streamline observations, and improve planning. It's time for a better childcare management platform.

    ReplyDelete